A head to head comparison of the 2008 Pennsylvania General Election gives us an idea of the break down of the voters.
Barack Obama received 384,826 (54%) votes, beating John McCain who gained 316,534 (44.5%) by 68,292 votes in New Hampshire.
Barack Obama won 10 counties in the total of the 10 counties in the State of New Hampshire.
2008 General Election Barack Obama Popular Vote Count Contributed by New Hampshire (NH)
Presidential General Elections
During the 2008 General elections, over 131M total number of votes were cast. Barack Obama got 69,448,278 (69.4 Million) over John McCain's 61,739,059 (61.7 Million). He won the popular vote by 7,709,219 (7.7 Million). His victory in the State of New Hampshire (with 384,826 votes) represents 0.6% of his popular vote victory. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 99.4% popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 10 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority in the largest counties (Hillsborough, Rockingham) it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them.
Top 15 Counties Comparison in Primary Elections vs General Elections
Hillsborough, Rockingham, two of the larger counties voted in favor of Barack Obama, giving him a 9.4K vote advantage. However, John McCain did not won any county in the State of New Hampshire.
Related References: 2016 New Hampshire Primary Election Story, 2016 New Hampshire General Election Story, 2020 New Hampshire Primary Election Story, 2020 New Hampshire General Election Story, 2012 New Hampshire General Election Story