A head to head comparison of the Alaska 2012 General Election gives us an idea of the break down of the voters.
Mitt Romney received 136,848 (57%) votes, beating Barack Obama who gained 102,138 (43%) by 287,870 votes in Alaska.
Mitt Romney won the only county that makes up Alaska.
2012 General Election Barack Obama Popular Vote Count Contributed by Alaska (AK)
Presidential General Elections
During the 2012 General elections, over 122M total number of votes were cast. Barack Obama got 62,614,654 (62.6 Million) over Mitt Romney's 59,141,654 (59.1 Million). He won the popular vote by 3,472,979 (3.4 Million). Even though he lost to Mitt Romney in the State of Alaska, his 102,138 gained votes represents 0.2% of his popular vote victory. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 99.8% popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All Candidates (General Elections)
The county of Alaska plays an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority in this county, they would win the State.
Top 15 Counties Comparison in Primary Elections vs General Elections
The county of Alaska voted in favor of Romney, making him gain an upper hand in the State of Pennsylvania.
Related References: 2016 Alaska Primary Election Story, 2016 Alaska General Election Story, 2020 Alaska Primary Election Story, 2020 Alaska General Election Story