A head to head comparison of the Connecticut 2012 General Election gives us an idea of the break down of the voters.
Barack Obama received 912,531 (59%) votes, beating Mitt Romney who gained 631,432 (41%) by 281,099 votes in Connecticut.
Barack Obama won 118 counties whereas Mitt Romney won 51 counties in the total of the 169 counties in the State of Connecticut.
2012 General Election Hillary Clinton Popular Vote Count Contributed by Connecticut (CT)
Presidential General Elections
During the 2012 General elections, over 122M total number of votes were cast. Barack Obama got 62,614,654 (62.6 Million) over Mitt Romney's 59,141,654 (59.1 Million). He won the popular vote by 3,472,979 (3.4 Million). His victory at the State of Connecticut (with 912,531 votes) represents 1.4% of his popular vote victory. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 98.6% popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 15 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority in the larger counties (Stamford, New Haven, Waterbury), it is still possible for other candidates to catch up, given the amount of large counties of similar size.
Top 15 Counties Comparison in Primary Elections vs General Elections
Stamford, New Haven, Waterbury, three of the larger counties, voted in favor of Obama giving him over 65k vote advantage. This combined with Obama's steady win at many of the other counties, was enough to make him gain an upper hand in the State of Connecticut.
Related References: 2016 Connecticut Primary Election Story, 2016 Connecticut General Election Story, 2020 Connecticut Primary Election Story, 2020 Connecticut General Election Story