A head to head comparison of the Hawaii 2012 General Election gives us an idea of the break down of the voters.
Barack Obama received 303,090 (72%) votes, beating Mitt Romney who gained 119,494 (28%) by 183,596 votes in Hawaii.
Barack Obama won 4 counties whereas Mitt Romney won none in the total of the 4 counties in the State of Hawaii.
2012 General Election Barack Obama Popular Vote Count Contributed by Hawaii (HI)
Presidential General Elections
During the 2012 General elections, over 122M total number of votes were cast. Barack Obama got 62,614,654 (62.6 Million) over Mitt Romney's 59,141,654 (59.1 Million). He won the popular vote by 3,472,979 (3.4 Million). His victory at the State of Hawaii (with 303,090 votes) represents 0.5% of his popular vote victory. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 99.5% popular votes victory.
Top 4 Counties in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 4 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority in the largest county (Honolulu), it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them.
Top 4 Counties Comparison in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All the 4 counties voted in favor of Obama, making him gain an upper hand in the State of Hawaii.
Related References: 2016 Hawaii Primary Election Story, 2016 Hawaii General Election Story, 2020 Hawaii Primary Election Story, 2020 Hawaii General Election Story