A head to head comparison of the New Hampshire 2012 General Election gives us an idea of the break down of the voters.
Barack Obama received 368,529 (53%) votes, beating Mitt Romney who gained 327,870 (47%) by 40,659 votes in New Hampshire.
Barack Obama won 143 counties whereas Mitt Romney won 94 counties in the total of the 237 counties in the State of New Hampshire.
2012 General Election Barack Obama Popular Vote Count Contributed by New Hampshire (NH)
Presidential General Elections
During the 2012 General elections, over 122M total number of votes were cast. Barack Obama got 62,614,654 (62.6 Million) over Mitt Romney's 59,141,654 (59.1 Million). He won the popular vote by 3,472,979 (3.4 Million). His victory in the State of New Hampshire (with 368,529 votes) represents 0.6% of his popular vote victory. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 99.4% popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 15 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority in the larger counties (Manchester, Nashua, Concord), it is still possible for other candidates to catch up, given the vast amount of counties that are there in the State of New Hampshire.
Top 15 Counties Comparison in Primary Elections vs General Elections
Manchester, Nashua and Concord, three of the larger counties, voted in favor of Barack Obama giving him a 17k vote advantage. However, Obama's steady win in the less dense counties was enough to maintain that difference, making him gain an upper hand in the State of New Hampshire.