A head to head comparison of the Oklahoma 2012 General Election gives us an idea of the break down of the voters.
Mitt Romney received 889,372 (67%) votes, beating Barack Obama who gained 442,647 (33%) by 446,725 votes in Oklahoma.
Mitt Romney won 77 counties whereas Barack Obama won none in the total of the 77 counties in the State of Oklahoma.
2012 General Election Barack Obama Popular Vote Count Contributed by Oklahoma (OK)
Presidential General Elections
During the 2012 General elections, over 122M total number of votes were cast. Barack Obama got 62,614,654 (62.6 Million) over Mitt Romney's 59,141,654 (59.1 Million). He won the popular vote by 3,472,979 (3.4 Million). Even though he lost to Mitt Romney in the State of Oklahoma, his 442,647 gained votes represents 0.7% of his popular vote victory. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 99.3% popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 15 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority in the larger counties (Oklahoma, Tulsa, Cleveland), it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them.
Top 15 Counties Comparison in Primary Elections vs General Elections
All of the counties voted in favor of Romney, making him gain an upper hand in the State of Oklahoma.
Related References: 2016 Oklahoma Primary Election Story, 2016 Oklahoma General Election Story, 2020 Oklahoma Primary Election Story, 2020 Oklahoma General Election Story