A head to head comparison of the Kansas 2016 General Election gives an idea of the breakdown of the voters.
Donald Trump received 671,018 (56%) votes beating Hillary Clinton who gained 427,005 (36%) by 244,013 votes in Kansas.
Donald Trump won 103 counties whereas Hillary Clinton won 2 counties in the total of the 105 counties in the state of Kansas.
2016 Kansas (KS) Primary vs. General Elections Counties Won
Presidential General Election
Although the Primary was tight, Trump emerged as winner in the General Elections by winning 103 counties while Clinton won 2 counties.
2016 Kansas Primary vs. General Elections with regards to Percentage (%) votes and Total Votes Won
On a head to head count with the total votes between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in the Primary and General Elections, percentage (%) vote shift difference is a 3.6% increment for Donald Trump in the Presidential Elections as opposed to a 3.6% decrease for Hillary Clinton. These margins are represented as 653,956 vote increment for Donald Trump and 414,412 vote increment for Hillary Clinton at the General Elections.
2016 General Election Hillary Clinton Popular Vote Count Contributed by Kansas
Presidential Primary Elections
Presidential General Elections
In the 2016 General Elections, 153,177,325 total number of votes were casted. Hillary Clinton got 65,849,971 (65.8 Million) over Donald Trump’s 62,984,405 (62.9 Million). She won the popular vote by 4,077,691 (4 Million). Her 427,005 votes in Kansas represents a 0.6% of her overall popular votes count. The remaining 49 states contributed to her remaining 65,422,966 (99.4%) popular votes victory.
Top Counties in Primary vs. General Elections
All Candidates (Primary Elections)
All Candidates (General Elections)
These counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority, it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them.
Top Vote Comparisons in Primary vs. General Elections
Johnson and Sedgwick which are the larger counties voted in favor of Donald Trump giving him a 42,186 vote advantage out of those counties. Clinton’s win over Douglas and Wyandotte over 30K vote advantage. However, Trump’s incremental wins in the remaining counties gave him edge of advantage over the State of Kansas.
Related References: 2016 Kansas Primary Election Story, 2020 Kansas Primary Election Story