A head to head comparison of the Mississippi 2016 General Election gives an idea of the breakdown of the voters.
Donald Trump received 7oo,714 (58%) votes beating Hillary Clinton who gained 485,131 (40%) by 215,583 votes in Mississippi.
Donald Trump won 55 counties whereas Hillary Clinton won 27 counties in the total of the 82 counties in the State of Mississippi.
2016 Mississippi (MS) Primary vs. General Elections Counties Won
Presidential General Election
In the Primary, Clinton won 39 counties, Trump and Cruz trailed behind with 38 counties and 5 counties respectively in the 3-way match up. However, in the General Elections, Trump won 55 counties while Clinton won 27 counties in the State of Mississippi.
2016 Mississippi Primary vs. General Elections with regards to Percentage (%) votes and Total Votes Won
On a head to head count with the total votes between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in the Primary and General Elections, percentage (%) vote shift difference is a 8% increment for Donald Trump in the Presidential Elections as opposed to a 8% decrease for Hillary Clinton. These margins are represented as 486,702 vote increment for Donald Trump and 279,554 vote increment for Hillary Clinton at the General Elections.
2016 General Election Hillary Clinton Popular Vote Count Contributed by Mississippi
Presidential Primary Elections
Presidential General Elections
In the 2016 General Elections, 153,177,325 total number of votes were casted. Hillary Clinton got 65,849,971 (65.8 Million) over Donald Trump’s 62,984,405 (62.9 Million). She won the popular vote by 4,077,691 (4 Million). Her 485,131 votes gained in Mississippi represents a 0.7% of her overall popular votes count. The remaining 49 states contributed to her remaining 65,364,840 (99.3%) popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary vs. General
All Candidates (Primary Elections)
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 15 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority, it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them
Top 15 Vote Comparisons in Primary vs. General Elections
Rankin, DeSoto, Harrison, Jackson, Madison and Lee, voted in favour of Donald Trump giving him a 79,943 vote advantage out of those counties. Aside these, his wins in other counties such as Jones, Lamar, Lauderdale, Pearl River, Forrest and Hancock gave him additional vote advantage. On the other hand, Clinton’s only massive win was at Hinds. That county gave her a 40,003 vote advantage, nothing close to Trump’s gained vote advantages. This made Donald Trump gain an upper hand on Mississippi.