A head to head comparison of the Missouri 2016 General Election gives an idea of the breakdown of the voters.
Donald Trump received 1,585,753 (60%) votes beating Hillary Clinton who gained 1,054,889 (40%) by 530,864 votes in Missouri.
Donald Trump won 111 counties whereas Hillary Clinton won 4 counties in the total of the 115 counties in the State of Missouri.
2016 Missouri (MO) Primary vs. General Elections Counties Won
Presidential General Election
In the Primary, Sanders won 3 counties in the 3-way match up. Clinton trailed behind Trump winning 3 counties. Trump won 109 counties out of the State of Missouri.
2016 Missouri Primary vs. General Elections with regards to Percentage (%) votes and Total Votes Won
On a head to head count with the total votes between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in the Primary and General Elections, percentage (%) vote shift difference is a 5% increment for Donald Trump in the Presidential Elections as opposed to a 5% decrease for Hillary Clinton. These margins are represented as 1,203,660 vote increment for Donald Trump and 744,287 vote increment for Hillary Clinton at the General Elections.
2016 General Election Hillary Clinton Popular Vote Count Contributed by Missouri
Presidential Primary Elections
Presidential General Elections
In the 2016 General Elections, 153,177,325 total number of votes were casted. Hillary Clinton got 78,627,508 (78.6 Million) over Donald Trump’s 74,549,817 (74.6 Million). She won the popular vote by 4,077,691 (4 Million). Her 1,054,889 votes gained in Missouri represent a 1.3% of her overall popular votes count. The remaining 49 states contributed to her remaining 77,572,619 (98.7%) popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary vs. General
All Candidates (Primary Elections)
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 15 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority (such as Hillary Clinton winning in St. Louis and Jackson), it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them
Top 15 Vote Comparisons in Primary vs. General Elections
St. Louis and Jackson, seeming larger counties voted in favour of Hillary Clinton giving her a 130,731 vote advantage out of those counties. On the other hand, Trump’s win over St. Charles, Greene, Jefferson, Clay, Franklin, Jasper, Cass, Christian, Platte, Cole and Buchanam gave him a 254,502 vote advantage, surpassing Clinton’s gained vote advantages. This made Donald Trump gain an upper hand on Missouri.