A head to head comparison of the Nevada 2016 General Election gives an idea of the breakdown of the voters.
Hillary Clinton received 539260 (48%) votes beating Hillary Clinton who gained 512,058 (45%) by 27,202 votes in Nevada.
Donald Trump won 15 counties whereas Hillary Clinton won 2 counties in the total of the 17 counties in the state of Nevada.
2016 Nevada (NV) Primary vs. General Elections Counties Won
Presidential General Election
In the Primary, Cruz won 2 counties while Trump won 15 counties in the state of Nevada. However, in the General Elections, Clinton won 2 counties while Trump won the remaining 15 counties.
2016 Nevada Primary vs. General Elections with regards to Percentage (%) votes and Total Votes Won
On a head to head count with the total votes between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in the Primary and General Elections, percentage (%) vote shift difference is a 35.8% increment for Hillary Clinton in the Presidential Elections as opposed to a 35.8% decrease for Donald Trump. These margins are represented as 477,527 vote increment for Donald Trump and 532,944 vote increment for Hillary Clinton at the General Elections.
2016 General Election Hillary Clinton Popular Vote Count Contributed by Nevada
Presidential Primary Elections
Presidential General Elections
In the 2016 General Elections, 153,177,325 total number of votes were casted. Hillary Clinton got 65,849,971 (65.8 Million) over Donald Trump’s 62,984,405 (62.9 Million). She won the popular vote by 4,077,691 (4 Million). Her 539,260 votes gained in Nevada represents a 0.8% of her overall popular votes count. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 65,310,711 (99.2%) popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary vs. General Elections
All Candidates (Primary Elections)
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 15 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority (like Hillary Clinton) in the biggest county (Clark – which is twice the size of Washoe, the second largest), it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them.
Top 15 Vote Comparisons in Primary vs. General Elections
Clark, which is the biggest county voted in favour of Hillary Clinton giving her a 81,497 vote advantage out of that county. At Washoe, she gained additional 2,503 votes advantage. On the other hand, Trump’s win over Douglas, Lyon, Elko, Nye, Carson City, Churchill, Huboldt, White Pine, Lander, Storey and Lincoln gave him a 25,128 vote advantage. This made Hillary Clinton gain an upper hand on Nevada.