A head to head comparison of the New Hampshire 2016 General Election gives an idea of the breakdown of the voters.
Hillary Clinton received 348,526 (47%) votes beating Donald Trump who gained 345,790 (46%) by a slight margin of 2,736 votes in New Hampshire.
Donald Trump won 6 counties whereas Hillary Clinton won 4 counties in the total of the 10 counties in the state of New Hampshire.
2016 New Hampshire (NH) Primary vs. General Elections Counties Won
Presidential General Election
In the primary, Sanders won all 10 counties. Clinton and Trump failed to register any wins in the State of New Hampshire. However, Clinton won 4 counties while Trump won the remaining 6 counties in the General Elections.
2016 New Hampshire Primary vs. General Elections with regards to Percentage (%) votes and Total Votes Won
On a head to head count with the total votes between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in the Primary and General Elections, percentage (%) vote shift difference is a 1.5% increment for Hillary Clinton in the Presidential Elections as opposed to a 1.5% decrease for Donald Trump. These margins are represented as 245,384 vote increment for Donald Trump and 253,274 vote increment for Hillary Clinton at the General Elections.
2016 General Election Hillary Clinton Popular Vote Count Contributed by New Hampshire
Presidential Primary Elections
Presidential General Elections
In the 2016 General Elections, 153,177,325 total number of votes were casted. Hillary Clinton got 65,849,971 (65.8 Million) over Donald Trump’s 62,984,405 (62.9 Million). She won the popular vote by 4,077,691 (4 Million). Her 348,526 votes won at New Hampshire represents a 0.5% of her overall popular votes count. The remaining 49 states contributed to the remaining 65,849,970 (99.5%) popular votes victory.
Top 15 Counties in Primary vs. General Elections
All Candidates (Primary Elections)
All Candidates (General Elections)
These 15 counties play an important role in these Primary elections. If a candidate, can get a sizable majority, it becomes very difficult to win majorities in the smaller counties without voter outreach and increased voter participation in them.
Top 15 Counties Comparison in Primary Elections vs General Elections
In the tightly contested General Elections, Clinton’s marginal wins from Mermack, Strafford, Grafton and Cheshire gave her a 23,034 vote advantage. Trump’s win over Hillsborough, Rockingham, Belknap, Caroll, Sullivan and Coos gave him a 20,302 vote advantage. Clinton overpowered Trump with a 2,732 votes, gaining an upper hand on New Hampshire.
Related References: 2016 New Hampshire Primary Election Story, 2020 New Hampshire Primary Election Story